An environmental friendly and economically advantageous process.
Methanization is a biological process in which organic matter is broken down by bacteria with a total absence of air or of oxygen.
Organic wastes are placed in a digester in conditions of humidity and temperature that are favourable to their breakdown.
This digestion process produces
- biogas consisting mainly of methane, from which energy can be recovered
- a balanced soil conditioner known as'digestate'.
Wastes suitable for methanization
- Fats from food industries
- Sludge from urban and industrial water treatment plants
- Food industry by-products
- Agricultural wastes
The advantages of methanization
- Production of renewable energy
- Production of a balanced soil conditioner
- Less odours
- Compact plant
- Highly favorable carbon balance
SEDE Environnement determines feasibility by testing the methanogenic potential of waste in a pilot unit.
SEDE Environnement provides its comprehensive waste management know-how for treatment and recovery of organic wastes and by products, offering a wide range of recycling solutions that include methanization.
As an expert-partner, SEDE Environnement sets up the methanization route, organizes waste collection, manages the methanization unit operation and finds an outlet for the digestate, whilst also handling all relations with administrative authorities and users and guaranteeing full transparency and traceability.