Sludge is used in agriculture for its fertilizing properties.
Lagooning is a natural treatment for wastewater that makes use of the principle of self-purification.
Two or three shallow lagoons allow staging of the purification process: micro-organisms breakdown the organic matter and convert it into mineral elements.
Principle of cleaning
Cleaning is performed with an amphibious vehicle fitted with rubber tracks to avoid damaging the bottom of the lagoon. After drawing off of the supernatant water from the lagoon, the settled sludge is thrown into suspension by mixers then scraped up for transport to the pumping unit at the edge of the lagoon.
Details of services
- Depth monitoring : quantification of sediment volumes, overlaying of deposit depth curves on maps.
- Preliminary studies : product study, disposal/recovery solution study, creation of outlet, administrative aspects.
- Operation : logistics, cleaning using different techniques, delivery to farms, spreading monitoring.
- Agricultural follow-up : Nutrient Management Plan establishment, personalized advice.
- Communication : partner information, support in compiling administrative application files.
- Transparency and traceability : the SUIVRA software, designed by SEDE Environnement, allows quantitative and qualitative monitoring of spreading for different plots of land. Linked with a mapping software, SUIVRA-SIG provides the transparency and traceability of the recovery operations.